Health Benefits of Brahmi
Brahmi is a therapeutic herb commonly used as a memory enhancer, aphrodisiac and a health tonic. Brahmi reduces stress and anxiety as it decreases the levels of cortisol, which is known as the stress hormone. Brahmi counteracts the effects of stress by regulating hormones involved with the stress response.
Brahmi – Bacopa Monniera
- It is a Very well known as memory booster.
- In inflammation- Apply Brahmi powder mixed with water or milk and wash after 30 minutes.
- Dermatitis and minor skin issues -make paste out of Brahmi 1 spoon and neen 1/2 spoon mix with milk and apply, rinse after 30 min
- One pinch of Brahmi powder with milk early morning is useful for Kids – as memory enhancer
- Old age – to restore brain activity and will lessen the chance of Alzemers
- Brahmi is hot in potency – prolonged use is not recommended
- Brahmi can be consumed as part of meal but not regularly
- Brahmi is good source of iron, calcium, phosphorus
When brahmi is brewed in a tea or chewed as normal leaves, it can seriously boost your respiratory health. It has been used in Ayurvedic treatments for bronchitis, congestion, chest colds, and blocked sinuses. It can clear out excess phlegm and mucus and relieve the inflammation in the throat and respiratory tracts to provide you with rapid relief.
When consumed in any form, tea, leaves, or otherwise, brahmi can boost up the immune system. The small amount of nutrients is supplemented by the antioxidant compounds to increase the response time of our immune system against pathogens, viruses, or bacterial infection.
The leaves of brahmi have been used as a treatment against epilepsy for thousands of years. This is thought to be due to the effect brahmi has on neural pathways, and it helps to prevent epileptic fits, as well as other forms of mental disease, including bipolar disorder and neuralgia.
It’s available in form of Churna, Taila, Granules in the market.
For more detail and Nadi Parikshan you may call and book appointment at Brahmi Vaidyalaya. Brahmi Vaidyalaya is a Panchakarma Ayurvedic Centre in Bangalore. Brahmi Vaidyalaya a Panchakarma Ayurvedic Centre counted amongst the renowned Ayurvedic doctors is Panchakarma Ayurvedic Centre in Bangalore.