In this modern lifestyle we come across lots of health issues in day to day practice, among those Dandruff is the most common problem which is seen in both male and female. People with dandruff may become socially withdrawn and refuse to participate in normal daily activities.
- Dandruff is the most common cause for hair fall.
- It is caused due to aggravated kapha and vata dosha in scalp causing dryness, scaling, associated with mild itching, hair fall and numbness of scalp.
- It is also caused due to chemical residues from cosmetics, stress, anxiety and tension.
- Usually Dandruff is seasonal, during winter it will be severe and less in summer.
Ayurveda explains dandruff by the name of Darunaka mentioned under
- KSHUDRA ROGA(Susrutha)
- SHIROROGA (Vagbhata)
LINE OF TREATMENT:
- The first line of treatment mentioned in Ayurveda is ‘SIRAVYADHA’.
- Nasya and Shirovasti is also indicated.
- Fine powders of Methika and Krishna jeeraka is mixed with Dhanyamla and rinse hair.
- 1 part of Triphala swarasa + 2 parts of Dhatura swarasam and rinse your hair.
- Use special medicated hair oil for scalp massage (Shirobhyangam) with Durdurapatradhi kera thailam, Neelibringhadhi thailam, Tulasyadhi thailam etc.,
- Boil Neem leaves in Water and use this water to rinse hair.
- Tankana bhasma mixed with curd / lemon juice applied over scalp before taking head bath.
- Keep your hair well oiled.
- Avoid oily and spicy foods.
- Avoid strong tea, coffee, curd, ice creams, cooled and aerated drinks.
- Use well churned diluted Buttermilk.
- Drink sufficient quantity of water.
About the Doctor: Dr.Chandan Singh, B.A.M.S, (Ayurveda consultant at Chennai)